View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Yes the white rubber hose was incased in the felt. The felt probably disentegrated when soap & water hit it for the first time ever. I really cringed when I hit the button to open the sunroof as I had no idea what to expect. Kind of like when Indiana Jones hit the stone switch that opens a secret passage after 3000 years. Amaizing that it actually worked. I'm sure the assembly needs lubricated. This little project will have to wait as there are more pressing issues.

The alarm appears to be quite elaborate. There are little red lights on the door locks and this odd looking thingy above the rear view mirror. I hit the red botton on the console that has a picture of a key on it and both doors locked. Why do you need that when you're in the car? I hit it again to unlock and nothing happened. No idea what this thing is for.
The sterio looks pretty complicated as well with the fader control on the console. Factory built in speakers are nice.
Gotta admit it's kindof fun exploring all this stuff. My widebody SC is a factory delete car with zero elecrical anything, delete A/C and delete sunroof, rollup windows and manual door locks and mirrors. Couldn't be any different.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)