View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I'm afraid this car is not going down the light weight road Dave. I've done that with the Widebody SC power delete option car. It's a lot of fun to drive but not so much fun to live with every day. I want a car my wife can jump in and drive or we can visit the mountains in. I owe a lot of folks a Dragon run and plan to do it in this car. The interior will stay stock.

I've got Wayne's book but never turned the page on repairing the sunroof. Looks like I'll get more use out of this book now!

Thank you Jim for the suggestions. My time is so limited that this is not possible for me right now. I think what I'll do is clean and condition everything the best I can and see what it looks like. Anything that is brittle will be tossed and replaced with new. I'd like some nicer seats so those may be tossed.
I don't know what condition the carpet is in yet but if it is brittle it will be tossed. The saving grace for this car is it must have been stored in a shed all of it's Texas life. The sun would have just destroyed it otherwise. Re-painting the slightly rusted engine metal parts is a worthy price to pay compared to faded paint, cracked dashes and the host of other ailments that go with heat stroke.
I'm making my Pelican list now, hood and decklid struts, all the rubber hoses, and likely a bunch of gaskets.

Last edited by RarlyL8; 12-04-2011 at 06:44 PM..
Old 12-04-2011, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)