View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I'll likely never find a 930 in any better shape for the money. This is the car I want, it'll just take some time to get it back to nice. I'll enjoy it along the way and together we will have fun bringing it back.

Guess what WON'T be going back on the engine:

Now for the engine. Good news is I haven't found any indication of rodents, just a few twigs and spiders. The BOV is shot but I plan to replace that with a 965 unit so not a problem. We'll just get it cleaned up for now and see what shakes out with time. Looks like it hasn't seen a tune up since the Reagan era. The coil looks new and the intercooler has newish o-rings, even though it is full of oily goo. Mechanic said it was serviced regularly ... Ooooh Kay.

CIS tip of the day: if you overfill your oil and it pukes into your intake CLEAN THE AIR METER PLATE.

Final for today is this curiosity. I've heard of silver crests but I've never seen one. This looks great on the car but is it stock?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm picking at the car because it was a bit misrepresented by the seller and mechanic. It's a great foundation and even if it needs a full engine rebuild I'll still come out OK. The car has great potential and I really like it!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)