View Single Post
Infidel

Hi Tony
That is a very different looking dyno run for a twin turbo, under 300hp up to around 5k rpm and still under 400 in the higher 5k range, then continuing sharply up above 6k..... Obviously a race engine build where you'll be always high in the rev range i guess?? What size turbos?
When you compare it to a road tuned 3.6 twin turbo with a little under 520 crank HP, you can see how much earlier the power comes on, which will give it much better road manners. 300hp before 3.5k rpm, and starting to loose power above 6k. Very different approaches.

I'd think 500 crank BHP is the safe ceiling for CIS without some serious wizardry, and on the track with only that intercooler you'd struggle to keep temps in check. Maybe he's got some meth injection set up, or some other way of keeping it together..... It's a lot of boost for CIS.
I always sound like the doubting Thomas, but a 550HP 'race car' on CIS with what you can see in the pics just doesn't stack up. It doesn't say whether it's wheel or crank, if they are stating wheel then you know it's utter tosh
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 12-05-2011, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)