View Single Post

Garage
Mine is mounted on the firewall, under the rear window. This is nice and close to the battery and the coil, so all wires are about as short as they can be, which is always a good thing. The tach adapter is mounted under the unit. This is high enough on the firewall that it does not disturb the cooling air flow to the fan.

You can see a photo of this via my web pages http://get.to/dubler (then select the car...) (The Sears box mounted next to the MSD is a battery charger/maintainer which keeps the battery ready through the snowy days here in Colorado).

This mounting is cool because everytime you pop the engine lid, someone says, "Wow, you even have an MSD system on this car!"

(gonna replace those cheap 7mm silicone wires with MSD or Accel wires any day now).

Heavy red (Battery lead) is attached directly to the + battery terminal clamp. The black wire goes to the stud which attaches the battery ground strap to the body which is behind the battery on the outside wall of the engine compartment.

There are complete manuals available for download at the MSDigintion web pages. Mine was installed in '91 and back then they provided these plastic stand-offs which attached to each terminal of the coil thus giving you four connection points for the four small wires from the 6A. What is neat about this, is that in the event of a failure, all you have to do is pull the four MSD wires off and replace each pair with a pair of short jumpers and drive off under normal coil power...
Old 01-20-2000, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)