View Single Post
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911TT33 View Post
You have been lucky then. I went through 3 AFM's and I run about the same - 1.25 bar. The magnetic strip wears over months/years of abuse and it eventually causes idle and mixture issues due to incorrect resistance outputs back to the DME.

Either way, the barn door AFM is one restrictive piece of cr@p... sure it works, but it's robbing response and power I reckon.
Hmmm.....in the inside of my AFM, the resistance track barely showed a wear path.

Yes! They totally take away throttle response. I wish I could swing converting to hotwire MAF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Saenz View Post
will an afm from an 83 944 work on an 84 911? I have a spare 944 one but not one for my 911 and i'm pretty sure mines the factory one in the 911... Which may mean it's only a matter of time....
sorry to threadjack
Do a search, it has been discussed before on the "911 technical forum".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeride9 View Post
Another question for you guys. How are all of you suppling and returning the turbo oil? I am going to use the stock k2

And again thank you for all your replies!

Joe D
I'm going to the chain housing but plenty others have went to the oil drain plug at the bottom of the case. Search for "gravity drain".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeride9 View Post
Pelicans what waste gate and size are you using,and BOV?
Tanks Joe D
I have the second biggest Tial (which is really important to avoid boost creep!) and a 1.5" ID port BOV.
Cory - turbo'd '87 C3.2 Guards/Blk, 3.4, 7.5:1 CR P & C's, soon to be 993SS cams and GSXR 750 ITB's fed by 964 intake, Borg-Warner S366 turbo @ 1.4 bar, Treadstone full bay IC, TiAL F46 WG, HKS 1 1/2" BOV, twin 044 pumps, MegaSquirt 2 (v3.57 board) w/EDIS, Tramont wheels (285's rr, 225's frt), Big Reds frt, 993 rr., tower brace, MOMO wheel
Old 12-07-2011, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)