View Single Post
Certified User

Garage
Another won't start thread

Over the past couple of weekends, I've noticed that my 930 has taken longer to start when cold. Keep in mind that it is the beginning of summer here and cold = 25*C.
It always used to start on first few turns, but last weekend it took maybe ten seconds of cranking before it fired up. Once started, it ran fine.

I have a social club run* next Sunday so I decided to take it to work today to make sure it was running OK, but it wouldn't start at all.
I only had a few minutes after work tonight to look at it so I swapped out the fuel relays - no change. Then I checked a plug for spark - NONE!

What do we have in the ignition system that could cause this?
Keep in mind that hot starting has been OK.
Cold starting has been getting gradually worse.
Currently, there is no spark.

I haven't had time tonight to look into this any deeper, but will scan through the no-start thread, your suggestions and my wiring diagrams in the morning.

Good night.

*social club run = gentle drive through back country roads to some place out in the bush for a barbeque and then a nice sedate drive home
You gotta help me - I can't miss this run.
Memories: '68 912, '72 911T, '80 911SC, '84 911, '85 930, '86 930, '87 911
Old 12-08-2011, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)