View Single Post

Quote:
I am doing a turbo build on my 3.2 and wanted a boost gauge that went in the clock hole. I looked at the 930 ones and was shocked at the price and all others i could find in the right size had ricer crap written all over them or did not fit with the rest of the dash. So I had an extra clock that broke lying around and i figured why not try and make it into a boost gauge? I bought one of those average 30 dollar boost gauges and took it all apart until I had separated everything but the actual mechanical part of the gauge and then broke the needle apart and connected it to the minute hand drilled a hole out in the back of the clock for the vacuum line and used two silver screws to secure it to the clock face (will be replace with black ones eventually...) I still hadn't put the trim ring back on in the pics but it gives you an idea. also the video shows it does indeed work (I am just blowing and sucking on the vacuum line to create pressure.) 1 o'clock is about 4 psi while the white needle is about 7psi. 9 is about -25psi while 5 is about 20 psi.

911 3.2 clock boost gauge - YouTube
From a thread I posted on rennlist before i joined this site.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)