View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Took a break from the shop today and put a little more time into the slant. Douched the intercooler with gas to clean it out and plopped on a temporary tiny used air filter, that mailbox ain't goin' back on.

When I got the car it had a real bad case of droopy butt that needed fixed before it could be driven much. These shocks are hight adjustable so I put it where I think it looks good. She's coming along.

I tried out the lights today and everything works except the passenger's side driving light. I did notice that when I hit the light switch all the instruments twitched and the fuel gage jumped up to read higher. When the lights were turned off the gages twitched again and the fuel gage went back to where it was previously. what is that?

Went for a long drive round and round the neighborhood. The engine really seems to run well, it is strong sounds very good and is smooth. The valves don't clatter abnormally which is a miracle as it doesn't look like the valve covers have ever been off this engine. The oil sending unit is leaking badly dripping oil everywhere, got to fix that.
The right rear wheel is making a scrapping noise occasionally, I can't figure out what is causing it. Cole told me it could be the brakes hanging up but when I push the brakes it does not stop. It is an intermittent sound that comes and goes. Any ideas?
This car has brakes from hell! I'm used to my stock SC brakes in the Posermobile, these things will send your teeth through the windshield. Awesome!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)