View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Thanks all. This is definitely a scraping sound, like metal on metal. It comes and goes with no rhyme or reason. I'm going to pull the wheel when I get a chance and get a better look. I pulled the wheel once and couldn't get it to squeak.

Great news is the engine really seems to run well. I did a couple of light pulls and boost comes in at a horrifyingly stock 4200rpm. My headers and a 7200 will get that down to a more reasonable 2700rpm. She pulls pretty good for a stocker, I've driven a few and man are they dogs. I don't know how anyone could wrap one of these around a tree unless it is just the tiny tires.

Tranny shifts pretty good but pops out of 2nd if I don't get it just right. I haven't looked at the shifter coulple yet but suspect it is proably wallowed out.
I like the gearing. 60mph is 2200rpm in 4th, is that about right?

Bad news on the Kodiaks, the front wheels don't fit. I don't understand this as they fit my SC perfectly and I've has 2 other sets of 930 wheels on the SC that also fit perfectly. They stick out about 3/4" on this car! Did Porsche change the front hubs on the 930 after 1979?
The rear wheels fit perfectly. I'm so bummed as these wheels look great on the car. I'm going to see if the back can be machined down 3/4".

Old 12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)