View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The red car is much much faster .... for now.

OK tonight's work lasted about 5 minutes. I'm in no man's land with these huge brakes and don't have a lot of time to figure out the best way to tackle the job. The spacer was time-welded onto the hub but eventually let go with the not so gentle persuasion of the BFH. I turned the hub and there is a very loud scrapping sound. It's not the shield hitting the rotor but sure does sound like it. I think the sound is coming from inside the rotor, most likely the e-brake has come apart.
Now the show stopper for this evening - how do you remove these bad boys? I see the 2 large female hex bolts in the back of the caliper but I cannot get my wrench in there without damaging these wires and lines. I know you guys have a secret, please share it with me. I hosed the bolts down with Kroil so they should be ready to break loose tomorrow evening.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)