View Single Post

Garage
So it cost much more than I expected as it should be only oil leaks work...and I ended with:
-disassembling and assembling of engine
-oil leaks work
-new valve seats
-measurements work
-new oil 2 times
-new filter 2 times
-all new gaskets ( make money...)
-new rings
-all metal air ducts renew
-all air deflectors renew
-new clutch
-rebuild new turbo - and it was biggest mystery as I had new turbo since maybe 700 miles but it looks that something small ( metal screw? leave by machanic mounted this turbo in summer) damage turbine .
-rebuild wastegate - rubber was damage and this accrue as I had have too big boost and probably this make oil leaks on cylinder to head place
IMO all screw keeping together cylinders and heads was not screw it. As my engine was 90T miles it came loose and loose with higher boost oil start leaks when over-boost.
By the way I am happy that I find it fast and safe my engine!
IMO all high boosted engine or even hard driven normal boosted engine should be checked every 25T miles and screw it head screws as well.
-all hardware new
-all air ducts new
-new plugs
-and clean everything!

But... my engine is like new and I am so happy!!! I need to brake in engine as fast as possible to finish before put my black bird in to the garage for winter sleeping.
944 TURBO S 1989 WHITE/BLACK # 1 944 TURBO S 1989 #2
911 S 1970 Targa /ex porsche werks car!
911 S 1969 Targa (under rebuild)

Last edited by Tomy; 12-17-2011 at 10:25 AM..
Old 12-17-2011, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)