View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by totle View Post
Cole, what TB size are you having on the rear?

I have same setup with coilovers as helper spring on rear. 23/29 TB but way to understeer, so planning to go 22/31
I may jump in and beat Cole to the punch....I am running 22frt -31 rear, hollow t-bars on my 79 930 with no helper springs. Car weighs 3190 lbs with me in it. So its not a stripped out shell, and these t-bar sizes work out pretty nicely. I drive it 50% street and DE, and the ride is not overly stiff on the road. It squats very little under acceleration as far as I can tell. I need to have someone follow behind me on track to let meknow how bad it is though.
The car is fairly neutral, though it still understeers slightly when tracking it thru low speed turns on DE days. Nothing that cannot be modulated with a little throttle steering with good use of the gas pedal. You can also trim it with adjustable sway bars to dial it in.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"

Last edited by fredmeister; 12-20-2011 at 08:08 AM..
Old 12-20-2011, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)