View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The HVAC hoses are all brittle, messed up, cracked and I doubt the dial switch thingy between the seats works. Previous 911's all had the manual pull knobs so this electrical box is new to me. No idea how it works and what the numbers mean.
Brian, the controls between the seats are for the heater. Porsche replaced the manual levers with the electrically activated ones you see in your car. My '79 930 has the electrical controls. Also, you will see a temperature probe at the top of the windshield right behind the rear-view mirror. This probe is tied into the heater controls between the seat, so don't remove the probe.

It's fun to see you discover all the interesting things in your car. My 930 is up on my rack undergoing a complete engine rebuild right now, so THIS is what you have to look forward to:
1. I've replaced ALL of the A/C components with an upgrade kit from RetroAir here in Dallas. The hoses are a HUGE PAIN to replace.
2. I also replaced my hard oil lines to the front cooler with Elephant Racing finned oil lines. Replaced the oil thermostat also. All new oil lines are going in as well.
3. Turbo (K27-7200) has been rebuilt and ceramic coated. Wastegate has been rebuilt.
4. All engine tin has been powdercoated (again).
5. Oil tank has been flushed and stripped to bare metal in preparation to be powdercoated. Front 28-tube cooler has been flushed and cleaned (bright, gleaming brass in the right front fender!) and reinstalled.
6. I just got my case back from Steve Weiner and am in the process of reassembling the engine right now (right side cam seized after the oil fitting on the cam tower became clogged. UGH!!).
7. Rebuilt all four brake calipers (thanks to Steve Weiner for this), ALL new rotors and hardware (floating rotors on the 78-79 930's are CRAZY expensive) plus new e-brakes. All new brake lines installed also.

You're going to find that this car has an even HIGHER slippery slope when it comes to draining your bank account. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Toby Pennycuff

P.S. - I need to call you about a WUR. My buddy Sam Moultrie just got one of your units and is having it installed on his monster 934 replica.
1968/1973 911S MFI #73 - Tweety Bird. 911 PCA Club Racer. E Prepared
2001 GT3 Cup #77 - O M G!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)