View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Got up early, replaced the e-brake springs (thank you Pelican) and yanked out the drive shaft that has the ripped boot.

Forgot to mention that I found something good; a new clutch cable. By the looks of it not very old.

Also found the source of a pretty bad oil leak. It was the hose that connects the case breather to the tube feeding the oil tank. The short OEM hose was as hard as stone and leaking pretty bad. You guys should check/change this when you think the oil sensor is leaking as they are close to each other.

After that I took the red rocket out for what is likely the final time I'll drive it. Nice day and man it ran great. Had the wife follow me and my son film a second gear pull complete with the tires breaking loose. I'll post it if I can figure out how seeing as this old recorder has no USB port. I'm going to miss that car, so the sooner I can get some power to the gray ghost the better!

That's it for this weekend, off to the shop to work on heat exchangers for the rest of the day. It's warm here but folks up north aren't so lucky!

Last edited by RarlyL8; 01-01-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)