View Single Post
Non User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJB View Post
Wow the elsewhere forum reviews are all over the place on these Nexens! One says soft sidewall, another says firm, one says they suck in the wet, another says they are great... one says no good for spirited driving, another he's enjoyed many track days on them... one guy says they are quieter than UHP tires, but another says after blasting about he has chunks coming off... holy schmoly!

I hope you brave souls that got them will post your experiences with our cars...

Until one can afford some trick Fuchsy-looking or Fuchs-center-based 17-in wheels, at those prices they might be a great way to bridge the gap... errr... ...but maybe not!
I've got the nexens on my car, but I'm running 205/55 front and 225/45 rear. Big sidewall in front is a little flexy, but not too bad (had continental contisports previosly in same size, really liked but expensive and now discontinued). I had about 50 miles on the nexen then drove the 400 miles up the coast to Rennsport Reunion in oct. nice blast between 130-140 for about 15 miles before i came upon a cop - he gave me a half stink eye, then smirk before pulling off, but no vibrations, thumping or pulling. They were fun and very sure footed along highway 1. I was driving fairly aggressive, but I never felt out of control crazy, and passed lots of p cars, none of which even tried to stay with me. Jury is still out on the tires, seem to be wearing well, but no track duty for my car.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)