View Single Post
Uno Dei Molti Porschisti

Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredcalvin View Post
...then drove the 400 miles up the coast to Rennsport Reunion in oct. nice blast between 130-140 for about 15 miles before i came upon a cop - he gave me a half stink eye, then smirk before pulling off...
LOL, lucky dog! I ran up to RR IV too, but arrived Sun - hundreds of p-cars heading South, almost wore out my headlight flasher and my jaw ached from smiling and laughing so much. Northbound the road was pretty empty, CHP everywhere but vigilance and Bel paid off... a couple with kids got their big SUV up to a rather remarkable speed just to pull alongside to wave smile and thumbs up before I took off for a bit of fun like yours (but I only managed several short bursts of a mile or two at a time). Miles later, after I'd eased off, they caught up again to flash even bigger grins. It's great to think my old car can give others such simple vicarious pleasure!

In recent years, I've often found law enforcement to be more than reasonable about such things if conditions are appropriate, and one doesn't take such occasional tolerance for granted, or insult them by cocking a snook, etc. I still get pulled over once in a while for, well, you know but only rarely get issued a ticket.

But back to the thread - not a discouraging opinion on the Nexens then - will look forward to hearing more...
Old 01-04-2012, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)