View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Stole a little time last night to work on fitting the monster tires on the rear.
The passenger's side is always the hard one due to the oil lines. I have also noticed that the passenger's side fender well spacing on many 930's is about 1/8"-1/4" to the outside when compared to the driver's side. That makes fitment even more difficult. For now I am using the Yoko 345's as they appear to be the same width as the new Pirelli's.
This is gonna be REALLY tight.
Maybe too tight, dunno yet. The 930 brakes are an issue with the 15" wheels. I have replaced the thick washers with thin on the banana arms and ground down the bolts. Oil lines are OK located where they are. The offset on my wheels reduces the spacer to 5/16" on the DS which puts the wheel within 1/4" of the caliper. The wheels are going to the powdercoat guy this week and then the Pirelli's will be mounted. Fingers double crossed that these tires are more narrow than the Yokos.

The red rocket is now in Texas. The new owner had EurAsian add a few cosmetic upgrades to the interior while it was there for the world's most expensive 5 minute air injector nut replacement. I'm so glad the new owner is taking the car to the next level and plans to enjoy it. That car is so much more than driveway jewelry.

Last edited by RarlyL8; 01-22-2012 at 08:44 AM..
Old 01-22-2012, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #189 (permalink)