View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey there Brian,

So...you are going to slam it you say, as you know I've dropped mine a tad bit.
Since the inside contour of the slant front fenders is different than standard upright headlight fenders, you are no doubt, going to have some interferance issues on the drivers side, possibly even worse than I have encountered.
In particular, the windshield washer bottle & it's filler tube{unless the slant has a different system} you are going to contact it when turning real tight{parking lots & driveways & such}.
After 2-1/2 years of being this low, I've worn clean through the filler tube, and left a noticable rub/melt on the botom edge of the tank.
I also highly suggest that you install a set of Weltmeister front tow hooks, they are a great "feeler" for what the car can or cannot get over{I have already ground about 3/4" off the bottom of even these tow hooks}.
If you go with aftermarket rear sway bars, the lower links & mounts will also be in jeopardy. These hit before anything else gets contact in the rear.
However, you may not be quite as touched as me, and may not be going as low, but Forewarned is forearmed!

Mark
Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #190 (permalink)