View Single Post

Garage
Hi Brian,
I just removed an aftermarket Alpine alarm system in my 85 930 (very old type with keypad inside to input a code like a home alarm) and take a look under the dash just on top of your left knee. If the 2 big wires splice in the wires coming out of the ignition (yellow one I think), they might be for a starter kill relay that would be installed somewhere in the trunk. Find the alarm box and take one wire at the time and remove them if it does not work anymore. It is always a good idea to find where that starter kill relay is wired into your car even if the alarm works just in case it decides to permanently ''kill'' the car (ask me how I know) it can easily be taken out of the equation if you just put the wires together.
Good luck!
David
1985 Black 930, K27 7006, Garretson Intercooler, Adj boost, TB: 23 - 31mm, bielstein sport shocks, ER polybronze bushings front and rear, ER monoball joints front and rear with offset camber plates, 935 X triangulated strut brace, raised spindles, racing bump steer kit
1981 Black 911sc (sold)
Old 01-29-2012, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #201 (permalink)