View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I am giddy like a little school girl Jesper. I've been out in the shop all day test fitting headers and building heater boxes and every time I look over at the car a big grin comes. I just love that look!

Diggin' the 4spd Rod. I suspect this Euro engine may have SC cams as it is very responsive. Don't have a stock gearing chart handy to see but she runs about 2600rpm at 70mph, SWEET!

TDI that picture above is the first 911 I ever owned, a 1973 2.4L/Sporto 911T. It was total junk when I bought it. I gave away the functioning MFI (they were worth nothing at the time) and Paul Ross rebuilt the engine and added the Webers. I added a weltmiester suspension and supertrapps. We ditched the Sporto for a 915 with airport gears. Man that was the most wicked sounding car I had ever owned up to that time (the red rocket now has that title). A (dumbass) guy bought that car for his 21 year old son who promptly blew the engine and left it sitting behind a shed for 6 months with the Targa top out. What a waste. I ran into what was left of the car in the mid 90's at a swap meet in Effingham IL (Tweaks). Wilhoit had bought the car and was selling the leftovers which I recognized. He painted it yellow. A few years ago a fellow looking to buy it called me here in Alabama. Apparently another parent with more money than brains had bought it from Wilhoit for her son, who promptly destroyed it (again). Don't know if that fellow bought it but we had a nice chat. Is there a moral to this story?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #227 (permalink)