Thread: Airbag Light
View Single Post
99 Boxster

Garage
Question Airbag Light

OK, I have some questions about my airbag light and did not want to hijack someone else's post. I'll go through the entire history of what I have done and hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction.

I have a 1999 Boxster.

About two months ago it started "screaming" when I started it. Jost for about a second.

I replaced the belt, it needed it, but it was not the problem.

Then after a lot of searching I replaced the AOS. Thinking the screaming was the hose collapsing. But this was not it either.

So after a post and some help from this forum I settled on the starter.

In the mean time my check engine light came on.

So Yesterday I replaced the starter:
1: disconnected battery
2: removed cold air intake hose
3: removed throttle body
4: replaced starter

While the throttle body was off I noticed a vacuum line from the right side of the intake that went to a "T" that was disconnected. I reconnected it.

Thanks to my 9-year-old helper the battery was disconnected for a sum total of about 1.5 hours.

Now with everything put back together, the scream is gone, the check engine light is gone, but the airbag light is on.

And when I say on, I mean it is on for the self test, goes off for a fraction of a second and the comes on for the rest of the drive.

My questions are:

Cant the Durametric tool help me diagnose this issue?

I was about to buy one for the check engine light anyway, and based on other post on this forum I believe it can help me diagnose and reset if necessary this problem.

Also, is there anything obvious I should check, pinched wires, loose connector? As far as I know I did not do anything with the airbag system and the starter replacement was very cut and dry, no issues or concerns while I was doing it.

Anyway, thanks to Pelican for all of the support, and to the people on this forum for their time. Being a first time Porsche owner I have been out of my comfort zone and this has helped a lot!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)