View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Quote:
You know, the stock 911 coupler bushings were oblong from the factory.
Yes and that has me thinking I need to look deeper to find what is causing the sloppy shifting. The bushings I replaced look new even though they are oblong and had tremendous slop. Tomorrow's weather looks even better than today so I'll take the gray ghost out for a drive and see how the shifter works now.

The Gen II stock replacement intercooler turned out pretty well thank you. It plugs right in like the original version and mates up to the stock deck lid shroud. A little more cooling area is available with this configuration.

Next problem to tackle looks like intercooler O-rings. The power goes flat whenever I get on boost, a ridiculous 4200rpm. These cars when stock have a 1500rpm power band, like a tortoise having sex it's an hour getting there for a second of pleasure. I'm not even getting that glorious second now. When I pulled the intercooler to test fit mine it pretty much fell off so I know the O-rings are probably 20 years old and long shot. I need to order some more from Pelican so that 15 minute job will have to wait until next weekend. The car runs strong off-boost so I can't wait to see what she does when the pressure is properly contained. I'm itching to do my maiden baseline dyno runs but the engine has to be in top running order to get a proper baseline.

She's coming along!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #286 (permalink)