View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Busy day today. Had breakfast with the PCA boys early then went to the shop to discuss work on a client's engine. It's coming along.

Then we went over the wiring schematics of my notorious alarm system, crawled all over the car and found the brain box. We now have a solid plan of attack.

Went back to my shop and assembled a set of headers and built heat exchangers. This set came back from a client who could not get them to work with his setup. Unfortunately I believe he inadvertently made a critical error removing the J-pipe, turbo and bracket first then modding the bracket to work with a K27. You cannot do that with my headers as they are designed to adjust to fit the turbo, not the other way around. Nothing fits if the turbo is not in the OEM spot. They popped on the test mule and lined right up. Unfortunate situation.

Next on to the gray ghost who now has a boost issue, as in no boost. The engine runs better every day as I clean up and rebuild components. Recently power began going away on boost and now there is none. The car runs very strong right up to 4200rpm when boost should come, and then nothing, power slowly drops off until I get out of the throttle. I know the BOV gaskets are completely gone so that is where we will start.

Well that's it for today, time to meet the family for dinner.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #311 (permalink)