View Single Post
dkbautosports.com

for a red you would not in most cases us a straight white under it . that will give it a more pink cast . you would want a light to med color gray . the reason is that the color in that family is translucent not transparent .
do not confuse a candy to a translucent color they are nothing alike at all .
candys for the most part use a met. base color under them like gold or a silver .
were a candy is a transparent color . not all transparent color are candy when a candy color is in a mixxing cup it will look very dark but when you pull the paint stick out of the mixing cup you will see it's very very transparent .
if you have proper coverage with a red ( not a candy red ) the under color will not mater if its reflective like a silver or gold . reflective thats a new ward for the book ???
it will hide any and all the reflectiveness that a color like silver would give . it will not flash / pop or any thing like that . if you use a dark color gray ground coat as it's called the red will look darker than if you used a light gray .
when i was a paint rep and i would get called out to a shop because they could not match a red i found most of the time is was that the shop used the wrong color ground coat . if the car has a very light color gray ground coat that is the same color that should be used when the car gets repainted . most of the time you can see this if you panel paint the color and the flip looks good but the face color is to dark . flip is looking at the panel from the side the face is looking at the panel straight on .
Old 03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)