View Single Post

Garage
Wow, it's like a shot of Nessie or the Sasquatch! At least one set of exchangers for your headers does exist! I've waited courteously and patiently- you would agree- for 2-1/2 years for mine. This is my first public airing of it. I'd like to know when and if you are ever going to ship them, or come out and just admit defeat, which would be closure, at least. I can simply buy another set and sell your headers to someone in a warmer climate than the NorthEast, but I've waited b/c it's always "won't be long now".
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post

Went back to my shop and assembled a set of headers and built heat exchangers. This set came back from a client who could not get them to work with his setup. Unfortunately I believe he inadvertently made a critical error removing the J-pipe, turbo and bracket first then modding the bracket to work with a K27. You cannot do that with my headers as they are designed to adjust to fit the turbo, not the other way around. Nothing fits if the turbo is not in the OEM spot. They popped on the test mule and lined right up. Unfortunate situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
You can't, there must be a misunderstanding somewhere. To mount a K27 on a 930 requires a bracket mod or you can machine 10mm off the K27 hot housing.
Are you on the right thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
No, right thread. You mentioned in the pic above that to use your headers the turbo had to be in the exact OEM location. Just wondering how this would be accomoplished w a k27 and your headers .
Old 03-23-2012, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #316 (permalink)