View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Yes, concerning the K27, as I stated previously the turbo must not move or everything is off. Doesn't matter who's headers you're installing. When changing from a 3LDZ to a K27 the 3LDZ must be removed and the K27 installed on the stock J-pipe then the bracket is modified to allow the K27 to sit where the 3LDZ used to sit. THEN you can install the headers.

Yes these are the bigfoot of heat exchangers. What I have found is the batch-to-batch variation of the headers required custom fitment of the exchangers. So for folks such as yourself with older headers I have to pull the records to see what batch they were then modify a set of exchangers using an example set from that batch. You can only imagine how time consuming all of that is. I've learned a valuable lesson and really lost my ass on these but will continue to work through it for folks that need them.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #317 (permalink)