Thread: 1986 930
View Single Post

Thank you all for the replies.

I too have read a lot of the negative post about the company. That said, I live in Houston, and paid them a visit last week to look at this particular car, as well as the other 930 coupe they have (which was to my dis fortune already sold). The car looked in great shape. They had it in the shop area while they were getting a couple of issues fixed (the tach and getting it cleaned up to be put on the showroom floor as it had been in the warehouse prior to my visit). I spent nearly an hour talking with the owner of the store and going through the car, where I found out a lot more info on the car than the limited info on their website. It really appears to be as good as advertised.
I also want to point out that I spoke with the most recommended Porsche mechanic in this part of Texas (Rennsport in Sealy Texas), and he told me that he performs PPIs on Victory cars very often on behalf of the buyers prior to purchase, and there are a few that need work, but most are as good as advertised. I added this as I saw some posts on Rennlist where a potential buyer claimed that Victory had refused to honor a PPI, and after my phone call to Rennsport I feel that there is a lot more hair on the negative experience than what was being advertised on the web.

I have no side to pick on the discussions, but my limited window shopping experience with Victory has been nothing like the nightmares I've been reading of online. I am looking for a good car for me, and will eventually find it. This particular one caught my eye, but is not at the top of my list. That said, I cannot afford to spend $500 on ppis on each car that I like, I need to be selective, hence my post above, being cautious, and looking to see if anyone on this BBS had any info on this particular car.

I am finding your BBS a fantastic source of information, thank you all for your responses...
Old 04-11-2012, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)