View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
I'm having trouble picking up the leak from your pic. But what often happens if they sit long enough is oil accumulates and finds a high tide mark and escapes, when it may not usually. one place this happens is the valve covers - which then drip down on to your heat exchangers, run along the exchanger and drip off some point far away from the source of the leak. my guess is if you fill it with oil , keep an eye on the level gauge and check it en route, you will be fine, til you get there.
Alan
About time someone suggested that. I tend to agree.

If you have the time, then feel free to change out whatever seals/gaskets you have time for and can get to. It's such a crapshoot, you may or not chance upon the offending leak.
Otherwise, you should just be grooving on down the highway and stop every now and then to gauge oil loss. I would bet that you lose considerably less than you may think (things get warm, they swell, they seal better)....well, sometimes just the opposite. Now doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)