View Single Post
Registered

Given his predicament, and the crap shoot trying ti fix it in time, I would run the engine up to warm, ( to thin the oil out, increase the chance of a leak) , have a good look under the engine. If nothing is dribbling out on to the ground, and you cannot locate any simple fixes, I would rive it to destination, where you can give it a good going over . The SC I mention left a puddle on the ground after 6 mths of non-running. When I moved it out of storage, I found the puddle. I drove it home some 300 miles with no issues and no obvious oil loss.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 04-13-2012, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)