View Single Post

Thread revival.
I finally got around to taking the exhaust, turbo, and WG off for 30K mile service. WG seems to be in good working order and has been rebuilt. Turbo was sent to Turbo Kraft and they tell me it is not a stock unit but one that was used on a 930S or Ruf BTR. I am sorry I did not get the number as I was talking to Chris in a noisy environment and could not hear what he said. He did say the stock intercooler would not hold up to this turbo. It is simply underpowered.

Questions for you guys.
1) I did some searching and it appears the turbo could have been a special wishes request. Does that make sense? Chris says it is a very rare part.

2) I was planning to keep the car stock. But, with the cat off and what seems to be an upgraded turbo the slippery slope has begun. Would you replace the IC? I could always put the stock one back on 30 years from now when I sell the car.

3) How is the Turbo Kraft IC? I like it as it is a bolt on replacement that would allow me to go back to the stock.

Value is important, but I do plan to drive the car and want to enjoy it. Lack of boost in the summer is a killer.

Final bit of info. It seems the engine mount cross bar sheared in half at some point on the right side. I little surprise for me.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)