View Single Post
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
Sorry man I posted this without updating the board site.
Did not see your response on costs.....ouch thats alot of dough for one day....anyway to cut that price?
Like I said I could probably get 2 more in addition to myself to commit.
The way to cut price is to get more people. With 30-40 drivers, you get the opportunity for a ton of track time, it is like the place is your personal playground. More drivers would bring the cost down and there would still be a good amount of track time, the question is how to keep it grassroots and populated by like minded enthusiasts (all of whom share the desire to drive their cars home at the end of the day).

I've been participating in a similar event that happens 2x per year at NJMP. It has grown to over 60 participants by the 5th event, all by word of mouth. All brands of cars, plenty of novices, some experts...common goal to have fun and keep the shiny side up. These track days are very loosely structured as compared to some others I have been to which makes it a lot of fun, but also means the participants have to be self policing to a degree.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)