View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I do alot of DE events with my 79 930. Have been for the last 5 years with this car and 10 years prior with a 1979 911SC.
I never used the decambered ball joints becuase I worry about messing with such a highly loaded and critical component. I dont like changing to another aftermarket part with such potential to my safety without seeing extensive testing and validation from an OEM or the like.
There are other ways to get more negative camber like upper mounts and even sending the spindles to be lowered and decambered.
I am able to get negative 2.5 degrees with monoball offset strut mounts and after I lowered the car to Euro spec height. I would like more but this aint bad for now. It varied from side to side and car to car what you will end up seeing.
Have fun, that's an awesome car to drive on track. We need more guys to represent the 930!

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)