View Single Post

Garage
Jack, yes the motor came from Harald. He was a pleasure to deal with. Absolutly no problems. Maybe the next Big Bear Run I won't have to meet you at the bottom of the hill ten minutes after you and Tyson. By the progress of BB2 I may be able to keep to 5 minutes. Awwwg . . . the peer pressure on this board is incredible!

Don, feel free to stop by being your just a few miles away. Any help is appreciated. The project shoudl be going on everyweekend for the next three weeks. Next weekend my motor will come out and I can begin the engine compartment detailing. Hopefully the 3.6 will be able to go in the weekend of Feb 8.

Kevin, I haven't received anything from Timmins yet. I will be shipping my engin tin and rear motor brace on Monday for the mods. Ryan voluntered to have a friend do some special mods to the AC braket thing to try and really clean the piece up. What was Porsche thinking with that piece? Hopefully all the pieces will come together in short order.

The motor really came complete from what I can tell. Holding the wiring harness in my hand when it was first taken out of the crate is a little daughnting with all those unknown connectors hanging all over the place. The motor will use the 993 exhaust via special adapters Harald had made up, emptying out of my 2-out-the-back Sport muffler. In the mean time the fan, valve covers and other pieces will be sent out to be powder coated. I'm going to try and document everything with pics for others, but in the heat of the battle pics sort of take a back set.

Quote:
So what did the ramp consist of, a bunk bed matress spring board?
the ramp is actually a steel railing for stairs I have been keeping in the garage for an unknwon reason. We used some 6 ton jack stands to raise one end to the truck and plywood on top of the railing. Both Ryan and I stood on the railing prior to putting the motor on and it did not bend. And yes, I have a VERY understanding wife. She actually came to the garage when Ryan and I were messing with the motor and took our order for pizza and made a beer run! And she's very good looking too. Ah the perfect woman!

Last edited by pbs911; 01-26-2003 at 09:36 AM..
Old 01-26-2003, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)