View Single Post
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930 slant nose View Post
so whats the outcome
We have three unqualified "I'm in" responses, and a couple of "maybes"

This is far short of the "critical mass" necessary to get this thing off the ground. With 60 drivers, the cost could be down to around $200. If I promised everyone a $200 price, and did not fill the driver list, then I am out pocket for the shortfall. The idea is for this to be forum friends, and the friends of forum friends. I think it will be difficult to get 60 drivers from this network, especially judging from the response thus far.

This would be a private event, with very little structure other than a quick drivers meeting in the AM where the message is "don't be an @$$hole" then you just drive for the rest of the day. There is more track time and more flexibility than the usual club events (e.g. Take a passenger/friend for some laps, swap cars with a friend to compare, etc.). This kind of freedom comes at a cost, and it also means I need to avoid riff raff or else it becomes demolition derby.

I still want to do something like this, but I am going to ask around my own local gear-head network (offline) to see what sort of committed interest there is. People who commit will need to understand that the final price will be determined by the ultimate number of drivers signed up.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)