View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Guys,
Found out about the car. First off - I have purchased 4-5 cars from this dealer. One thing that is constant - the cars are righteous - no lip stick on a pig here.

A local, repeat customer drove the car twice and came in that morning of the sale and wrote a check for it without sending the car out for a PPI. Maybe the guy took it to someone when he was driving the car - do not know for sure. For the dealer - it was an easy deal.

Apologies to JMGaston and Einsteiger for any inconvenience that you may have had. Again, I don't know the whole story and I am not defending the dealer. On another note: I know that this dealer also leases cars and the deals that you can make are pretty good. At times I have told him what I wanted for a monthly and he works the deal - however your buy-out will go up if your payments are too small. Also with his leases, the cars are not returnable - you own them - the lease is a way to get the monthly payments down - it just effects the total buy-out cost at the end of the lease.

I also missed out on a 69T - Tangerine Orange - completely restored. I paused alittle too long. One suggestion if I may, if you are sure about the car - put down a deposit and get the PPI later. Get the car locked in - if the PPI shows issues, you can get your deposit back. I did this with an 08 GT3 RS that I purchased from a private seller in Virginia. We agreed upon a price, sent him a $1,000.00 to hold the car - then had the PPI done. No issues and the deal was done.

Hope this helps guys

Mark
08 GT3 RS (white/black) (modified of course)
67 911S outlaw (sold)
Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)