View Single Post

Yes from now on always a deposit. I mistakenly thought since I was a long time client and just spent many thousands on a conversion that my word was good enough. Unfortunately the used car sales guy didn't see it that way and sold it out from under me. This was at Ruf in Dallas. I'm still pissed about how it went down...
Quote:

Quote de TT Gasman

Sometimes you can't wait for a ppi, I lost a 3.6 turbo because I wanted to get it checked out first...lesson always give a deposit,

I understand completely - but if your serious, put down a deposit to lock the car in. I would have lost the RS if I didn't put a deposit down first. I get the price agreed upon with all of the details - then the deposit - then the PPI. If there are issues - the P.O. repairs them or deducts the cost from the purchase price. Or if its bad, you get the deposit back. However if the guy is shady - your not getting the deposit back without a fight and the whole thing goes legal. Usually a $500.00 check will do it - but if you have a bad feeling from the guy to start with - RUN!

You can do a money transfer on the deposit - but have it frozen until the PPI is completed. Then you are still in control of your money and can cancel the whole deal.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)