View Single Post
Registered

On another note, just because we see these cars come up for sale and the price is right, or the owner is slow to get back doesnít always mean itís a scam. Some people that are fortunate enough to own these cars may not be enthusiasts and thus really donít give a Sh** about them. Itís just a car to them.. a car that may have or may not have been taken care of well, but itís still just another hunk of metal to them. Sure, they may know what they have, but it may not mean as much to them as it does to you.. the perspective buyer, or as I have seen on these threads many time, the perspective talker.

Some sellers may not even get back to you right away because theyíve got other things going on in their lives that are a bit more important than C-list, Pelican, Rennlist etc..at the moment. Hell, I remember a car I decided to list for sale, just about the time the ad went in my ďthen wifeĒ surprises me with a quick vacation the same week/week-end the ad was running. Was I going to tell her that I couldnít go because of the ad? I donít think so! Oh, and how about right here on Pelican when I paid for a part, it didnít show in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time, no response from the seller.. so I call the guy out.. I hear from a couple of Pelicans that ďhey, heís a good guyĒ, then he posts-up telling me to cool my jets as he was tied up with the birth of his daughter! Uhhh, a whole lot more important that a master cylinder or whatever I had purchased.. and yes, I felt like a dick!

Ok, Iím just sayín
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)