View Single Post

Garage
The entire process took no more than 2 weeks from the time I wired the money until I had the motor in my garage. The only problem was when we had to wait for about an hour for the shipper to pick up the paper work from the airlines. My fault since I left early to pick up the motor. The only additional money was a $55 fee to the shipper for running the paper work. Customs took about 40 stress filled minutes ( i was third in line), the airlines another 20 (second in line).

I watched transactions go through Harald since Jack Olsen had his 3.6 conversion performed, about 3 years ago. I have never heard of any problem. Oversites maybe, but they were quickly corrected. Harald has sold motor to several board members, shipping the motor here and he is currently doing a member's conversion in his shop in Germany. The only other 3.6 motor sale that IMHO was foolproof was Bill V's, but I moved too slow, and it was a one time thing.

For anyone who is interested, just do your research and plan ahead. The hardest part is knowing what you want and lining up all your ducks in a row before you begin. The best I could do is a slightly educated guess.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)