View Single Post
Banned

A Big Shout-Out to Cole !!!

I have owned a 1990 Ford, 17' box truck (7.3L diesel) for 14 years. Throughout this time I have always had a ***** of a time bleeding the braking system as there is probably over 20 feet of hardline and flex hose as well as a rear antilock unit that is hard to remove air from - conventional method is too slow and a real problem as I typically work solo. I have even repeatedly tried a pneumatic "sucking" bleeder, and while it draws alot of fluid quickly, seems to leave the air in the system no mater what I do or how much fluid I pass through it. I was struggling to get any pedal pressure at all after I changed a flex hose and a leaking rear cylinder (struggled for two days with the "sucker" that I paid about $65 for a few years ago). Well, I read Cole's "air pressure at the master cylinder" suggestion and decided to try that. I drilled a hole in a spare reservoir cap, put a small hose barb on it and hooked a filtered air hose up to it (using about 15-18 psi) . . . went though the calipers, cylinders and anti-lock valve like this (and over 2 quarts of fluid) and, wouldn't you know it, I now have the best brake pedal feel I have had in probably 10 years!

Thanks so much, Cole!

Ron

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 05-01-2012 at 10:51 AM..
Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)