View Single Post

Garage
The mix I use is 50:50 by weight. If you use methanol, you have to tune your fuel tables for it. On the other hand it is best to have a failsafe that can recognize failure of injection such as an AFR safety system in your primary ECU or a progressive methanol injection controller that provides a signal to your ECU if it detects failure of injection so timing can be pulled automatically. No system is perfectly reliable so if you tune to the raged edge, rapid and catastrophic engine failure awaits any hiccup in your methanol injection under the right (wrong) conditions.
I have only used CoolingMist with a stand alone 2D progressive controller (VC2). However, with my current upgrades, I have switched out to their "Progressive EMS Controller" which can be controlled by a 3D table from my Megasquirt ECU. It will be a while before I can give any feedback on that. The VC2 was fine, provided both flow and failsafe feedback including reservoir level monitoring.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)