View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjfk32 View Post
What kinda $$$$ range for one of these "bad boys" if u don't mind.

Thnxs

Walt
A very knowledgeable person who checked mine out said over $150K in upgrades to build it plus the original car and the long wait. The guy who built it might want a lot, if however out of an estate or other distressed sale situation the price usually is much better however you generally do not get a PPI, records etc, so good luck. I know on mine another $20k + was/will be spent after it came from the estate of the person who originally spent a lot of the money. But it is a real super car now on the road or track or 1/4 mile at a small fraction of cost of similar performance capabilities in other cars, and it is vintage in its concept as the original program for similar factory developed Porsche was in the 70s-80s. That last RM sale in Florida should give you an idea of the direction the ultra high performance vintage Porsche's are heading. Sure these are not the originals but neither are they priced that way. Also a lot depends on how complete it is finished and if original Porsche ( or similar designed) parts are used in the upgrades to the suspension, interior, body, Motor and trans axle, brakes, fuel system and on and on. I have checked out 5 closely in the last few years and really nice ones seldom are below $50K and most still need some things. Some want closer to $80K or more for a fully sorted low miles since finished capable of 700+hp ( on race gas ) car.

Last edited by voitureltd; 05-08-2012 at 05:59 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)