Thread: Idle is high
View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dreizig View Post
ok so yes it's open when cold,, and yes the massive air leak into the intercooler is what I closed off and allowed it to continue running.
So I'm thinking that the symptoms I'm seeing are not reflecting a bad AAR,, just the opposite right ?
Oh and it idles fast hot OR cold
I wouldn't rule out the AAR just yet. The question is......is it still that far open when it's hot? Thus, it would draw too much air into the manifold post-throttle body and cause a high hot idle.

Two things can prevent it from closing completely when hot: (1) the AAR is not getting any electrical power (it's on the same circuit as the rear fuel pump relay) and thus will never heat up enough to close off. Or (2) it's just plain old stuck, i.e., mechanically worn out/gummed up inside.

I still want to know, if you have all the hoses connected correctly and when she's fully warmed up and idling too high, does the idle drop when you completly pinch the hose closed? (I use a pair of long nosed pliers to do a good pinch job).

Almost done diagnosing...now for a glass of vino, a good book, and bed time.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)