View Single Post
dkbautosports.com

this is common on repaints when things are not removed and then they don't prep sand up to the edges . as for around the wiper posts i would pull the wipers and rubber gaskets and just respray the cowl panel . as for the roof you could repair that in two ways . you could do a tuch up . of because it's the roof and rain gutters i would opt to just repaint that as well .
the best way would be to remove the front and rear glass but it is not a must . there are ways to use what is called lifting tape or some twine under the gaskets .
the down side is that if that part of the cars is pealing then don't be shocked if you start to see more pealing in other areas down the road .
also because it is pealing from the looks of bad prep work it makes me think how the rest of the panel was prepped as well . if it was just done bad the finish may not feather out and that would lead to sanding off the finish that they sprayed . you would not have to strip it down to bare metal most of the time just the last repaint . but again thats a if ?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)