View Single Post
JOT MON ABBR OTH

Your first prob'm s dat ya ain't frum East Texas (YES, I DID spit out my chaw 'fore sayin' dat)!!!!!

Second, why use saw horses? (Nice looking pair by the way, can I say that on here????) There is a NICE pile'o'wood (can I use wood on this forum????) in back and you could build up a rather decent stand!

Not so sure what you are trying to accomplish there. Chicken wire (I like using the kind that ain't rusted out) makes a good substrate for building up bondo. Give it a try!

I do not see any canope' in those photos and they have a short shelf life. Kind of agree in insurance not covering your deserts/snacks unless they were destroyed in a house fire or something.

Can't talk about dent removal, no one bothers with that back home.

I find that in order to make a tasteful red, white, and blue truck the removal of the blue tape and replacement of it with blue paint is very helpful.

How did you use a drum to take that whole thing apart? I just cannot comprehend that...

Other than that, looks good! I like white trucks. When I have to replace the 3/4 tonne then we will likely get another white one.

Are the back braces on the canopy supported well enough inside? How did you meld/weld/reconnect the fiberglass on the topper? This area takes alot of indirect stress and direct stress from the rear glass being opened and closed. How did the attachment points for the struts fair during the ordeal?

Just curious, did the canopy/topper blow off the back of the truck?
I don't take scalps. I'm civilized like white man now, I shoot man in back.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)