View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimT View Post
Those adapters are effed up.... look how far from the c/l of the rotor they hold the caliper.. The three washer offset spacers are bad also..

Finally that wheel spacer does not look to be hubcentric...

I noticed lots of scary things on this car from two pictures...

can't tell if the wrong rotor is used...but from the pics I would go over the whole car with a fine tooth comb
I like your posts Tim - informative and knowledgable , but how can you tell from those pictures. The camera is not over the rotor centreline, so its not apparent to me that the caliper isn't in fact centred over the rotor. Surely that is what the washers are for, no? Agree the washers are bad. Also, look at the swept area of the inside rotor face. The whole of it is clean - unlike the outside. Why is that? It may be something other than the radial location of the caliper.

Don't get me wrng, I am not holding this up as an example of a good brake upgrade, but I think it needs more investigation before its thrown in the bin just in case the adapter is not the adapter is not the only problem.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)