View Single Post

I've never flown Spirit, but have flown Ryanair.

Hell will freeze over to a solid block of glacial ice before I fly that airline again.

Sat in the plane almost a full hour and a half because pre-flight paperwork had not been completed. Not sure what this is, but apparently it is made from the skin of a Virgin, and delivered by flying monkeys. Because it is REAL hard to obtain.

On landing in Cancun, no gate was available. 45 plus minutes in tropical heat baking out on the tarmac. This problem may have been related to the delayed departure.

For the return leg, the flight crew was out of hours when they arrived in Cancun. So Ryanair left the entire plane load of people at the airport with absolutely no information as to departure time. They just kept saying "another 20 minutes..." when they knew full well that the flight crew could not bring us home. No one had luggage as it was all checked. Some very unhappy customers with very bitter complaints. After several hours of this, Ryanair had a bus pick us up and drop us off in the Hotel district with instructions to meet the bus in 5or 6 hours to return to the airport. So there we all are, dressed for travel to the states, in a tropical area (no luggage) with not enough time to really go do anything and grossly overdressed to enjoy the beach.

Hope your experience with Spirit is better than mine/ours with Ryanair.

angela
81 Coupe "Butters" SCWDP #0036
Dad's SS - 87 Monte Carlo Aerocoupe
Traveling sucks, but it sucks a great deal less when you're driving a Porsche.

Last edited by Laneco; 05-14-2012 at 09:32 AM..
Old 05-14-2012, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)