View Single Post

Porsche Crest No longer looking, new 930 owner

After a long, and very tedious process, I am happy to report I am the happy new owner to a beautiful Petrol Blue/cork 79 930.
Buying this car was a roller coaster ride: I must have looked at a dozen or so cars, bid on 3 on eBay, actually had an offer accepted on one, but found a leak that would be too costly to repair. Once I was convinced of having the right car, then had to deal with long distances, a very proud owner who would not let just anyone inspect the car, injured mechanic, vacationing mechanics, etc, etc, etc... I'm going to write a book on this one.

Truck should be picking it up soon from its current location, so I hope to have it in my garage soon. photos to follow.

Thank you all who helped me with advice and recommendations.

Oh, and for those of you in Northern California, Tom Amon is your man for all things air-cooled! (Mobile Porsche Repair - Mobile Works West brings the Porsche Repair SHOP to YOU). Also want to give props to the kind people at the Stable in San Francisco, you were most helpful, even though I couldn't bring the car to you.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)