View Single Post

Garage
Oily plugs + Fuel on my dipstick + misfire +....

Hello,

I have a 3.3 TT That is acting funny. It sat for a few years before I bought it and now trying to get it running again. It feels like its either misfiring or hesitating when I drive it. It feels like a loss of power for a split second...the sputtering stops and smooth's out once the turbos kick in and i'm holding on for dear life.
I pulled the new plugs that I put in about 100 - 150 miles ago to gap them to .22 I found that they were oily and smelled like fuel. I notice ofcourse that it shoots blue smoke on start-up which I believe is normal. It also is smoky when I get on it. I pulled the dip stick after it was warm the other day and noticed that there was fuel on the dip stick, it had a unmistakable scent of fuel? Do I have a bad piston ring, or what do you think? I don't think having fuel on your dip stick is normal? I attached pics of the plugs for you. Thanks for your help. I also put a bottle of seafoam in the tank in my last fill-up.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)