View Single Post

Well I received my kit from Albert at GSF. Great guy to deal with and very cost effective parts. Quality is better than I expected.

Headers:

Turbo:

Tial F46

Muffler:

Sound is superb, no drone at all, very refined sounding exhaust, possibly a tad quiet under boost. My only complaint is that it hangs a bit low under the valance.

Now on to performance......all I can say is wow. How responsive is thing?...it spools from 2k and comes on hard but really smooth (kind of hard to describe). I'll have to shoot some video so you can all see but I am very impressed with this turbo. No oiling / smoking issues to report yet but have not run many miles yet.

I am running off the .8bar spring and I have had to massively increase the fuel numbers in the SDS to richen it up under boost. I think it will eat up my 500cc injectors with just the .8 bar spring. It just feels so smooth and fuss free in the way it delivers the power. The low exhaust backpressure really feels like it lets the motor spin out more easily.

Had to conclude testing and tuning early as I started to get the dreaded death rattle from the timing chains. This happened intermittently before and now its constant so I think my recent post run in oil change to full synth from dino just made it come back permanently somehow, maybe it shifted some debris or something.

Anyway, the V-band set up is awesome, no gaskets or seal rings to worry about, 1 easy access bolt to the turbo and the muffler strap and the entire exhaust is off. removed rear tin etc with engine still on mount and was into the chain tensioner covers in less than 2 hrs. Ordered some new tensioners and hope this will cure the noise so I can get back to enjoying this great turbo!
1988 930: 3.5L 100mm LN slipins, LN FFA rods, Supertec studs, GT3582R with T4 1.07A/R twin scroll housing, RarlyL8 equal length divided headers, dual Tial MVS 38mm WG's, Carrera 3.2 heads with 993 big valves. 964 Cams, full bay IC, KEP st1 clutch. PE3 sequential ECU with 750cc EV14 injectors, CoP twin plugs, J&S Safegaurd, Aquamist HSF3 water inj. Wavetrac LSD.

Last edited by b930; 05-19-2012 at 10:23 PM..
Old 05-19-2012, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)